Monday, April 10, 2017

Undergraduate Research Writing Conference








On Wednesday, I attended the undergraduate research writing conference at the Livingston Student Center and actually learned a lot more than I originally thought I would. The session I attended went from 1:40-3:00 and I chose room 201A where 4 undergraduate speakers presented their topics.
The speaker who stood out to me the most was the first one, Karina Pedetti. Her topic was "The Funny Thing About Depression: Using Humor to Cope." This intrigued me because to the average person, the topic of depression is in fact not funny. However, her point was that society censors both humor and depression. Each emotion is used as a coping mechanism for very strong feelings. Her presentation made me think a lot about mine in the sense of connections I should be making within my research question.

SaveSaveSaveSave

1 comment:

  1. you get the extra point. Be sure to also do the final blog post when your paper is complete (posting the abstract and works cited).

    ReplyDelete